Monday, April 26, 2010

Digitizing Tutorials

I've received several inquiries over the past month about my old PE-Design V5 tutorials. Although I haven't created any new tutorials for the digitizing software, I still have my movie and text tutorials available for anyone looking to learn (or re-learn) version 5 of PE-Design. The tutorials consist of Layout & Editing, Design Center, PhotoStitch and Manual Punch for Fur.

The tutorial for Layout & Editing covers everything you could possibly want or need to know about this segment of the software and includes a complete digitizing lesson. The movies have audio and you can see exactly what I am illustrating or educating you about within the software windows.

The tutorial for Design Center also covers everything about Design Center with audio and visual movies the same way and also includes a digitizing lesson. Not everyone uses Design Center, but if you like redwork or other easy to digitize designs, this is a wonderful program.

PhotoStitch will enable you to create stitched photos of your family, friends, and a whole lot more. If you have an image of a favorite summer cottage, you can recreate this in stitches with this popular program element. The movies and printable lesson document will take you from the beginning through stitching out your own photostitch masterpiece.

Finally, Manual Punch for Fur will help you learn about using one of the tools in Layout & Editing to create fabulous "furry" or controlled stitch direction designs. In this movie and printable lesson document, I take you through choosing a photo or other image of the animal you'd like to recreate in stitches to give it that realistic fur look. You can also use this wonderful tool for lots of other digitizing projects, but most embroiderers love the challenge of creating the wolf face, which is the subject of this lesson. You even get the image of the wolf to use for your own design!

If you'd like to learn more about these tutorials, just drop me an email at sharianndesigns@comcast.net and I'll give you more information. You don't need to be familiar with your version 5 software because I'll give you all the information, plus the why, how and what all along the way.

And if you'd like to join a group where you can ask digitizing or other embroidery questions and be kept up to date about my new designs, plus get free designs, I welcome you to join my Yahoo group -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sharianndesigns/ .

Happy digitizing!
Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment