Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Special Designing Requests

Every once in a while, I'll get a fun request from someone visiting the site. A few weeks ago, a gentleman from The Netherlands contacted me about creating a patch for the back of his vest with a design he saw while visiting my old web site.

Below is the image of the patch that was created and also a picture Ron K. sent me after putting the patch on his vest. The patch was slightly larger than the 10" we were originally striving for, but because the design itself was rather large, a little extra spacing was created for the placement of the design. Because I don't have access to a merrowing machine, which creates a solid commercial style satin border, I used piping to give the patch a nice, finished look.


Not only did this project outcome thrill my customer, but it gave us a chance to exchange information about our interests and travels with each other. One of the great things about offering design services on my web site is that it gives me a chance to learn about people and their lives in other parts of the world. Hopefully someday soon, my husband and I can visit the beautiful country of the The Netherlands and meet with Ron and his wife.

A patch isn't so unique, but designing offers a way to create items for others that aren't always obtainable locally, or even just one of a kind objects based on an idea. Many people write to me about designing clothing or home decor items using embroidery designs in unique ways, and this is something I have enjoyed doing since I became interested in machine embroidery back in 1998.

So, if you have an idea, let me know so it can become a reality!

Shari

1 comment:

  1. Dear Shari

    Thanks again fot making the patch fot me. It looks great on the vest. I had this idea for a long time and I am thrilled it finally became a reality.

    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete